Daily rambles about quilting, gardening, reading, cooking and just plain old being.

Sunday, January 27, 2008

83 Days and Counting


Still 83 more days of work...last week was marginally better, semi-acceptable, but I still don't want to go. The Candy Countdown jar has just the tiniest bit of space at the top, but you can't see it. I really need to see it coming down. It is comforting though to see that this is the last week of January, leaving only four months and a few days of work.
Days like today make going to work on Monday even more brutal. It was amazing, warm and breezy. A perfect day. I put three loads of laundry on the line and my new undies looked so happy flapping in the breeze. Even that lifted my spirits. I spent several hours trimming trees and grapevines and such. Just clipping and thinking and enjoying the sun and wind. When I got tired of that I took the dogs for a spin around the neighborhood, about a mile walk. Lovely.
Now that the sun is getting low in the sky and I am showered and thinking about dinner, I can't help the feeling of dread that seems to creep in on Sunday nights. I know that I have to go to work tomorrow. I know there are just a few more hours of freedom. I know that it pisses me off that I get two amazing days only after working for five shit-days. Ug!

No comments: