Daily rambles about quilting, gardening, reading, cooking and just plain old being.

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A Bountiful Crop


My main crop this year has been jalapenos. If only everything else would produce like these guys our pantry would be overflowing with home canned goodies. So far, I've canned them whole, jellied, and now in slices. Don't get me wrong here, I love jalapenos, but in the middle of winter we aren't going to be breaking out a pint to stretch our grocery dollar. My mom talks about canning 52 pints of green beans, one for every week of the year and she always canned bushels of tomatoes...I can't get more than a handful of the things I really want and I get loads and loads of the "extras". I didn't even get much zuchini this year....seriously, something is wrong here.

No comments: