Daily rambles about quilting, gardening, reading, cooking and just plain old being.

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

How to Make a Perfect Cup of Chai

It seems my chai latte tea is a hit with all who taste it. In the past week, I've been asked to share my recipe twice and both recipients have made some and enjoyed it immensely. In fact, I just got a text message thanking me for sharing the recipe as she was enjoying a hot cup on this coldest night yet of our Texas "winter". Here's my recipe:

How to make the perfect cup of CHAI

· Heat your water (2 cups of water yields a quart of chai latte)
· For every cup of water use one tea bag (so, 2 bags...I like TAZO organic chai)
· For every cup of water add 2 tablespoons of Turbinado or brown sugar (so, 4 tablespoons)
· Allow it to steep for awhile (I usually leave it on the counter for a couple of hours until it is cool)
· Mix it with soymilk, almost, but not quite half and half
· Refrigerate overnight
· Enjoy!
Obviously, you can drink it hot too!

No comments: