Daily rambles about quilting, gardening, reading, cooking and just plain old being.

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

"Snow Day"


I have two jobs and some days that can be a real drag. I got up, got dressed and headed to the quilt shop. When I got there I found that we were going to be closed for the day because the weather was predicted to be icy and cold. I came back home and quilted until it was time to think about going to the library. I let the dogs out, kind of like a canary in a coalmine, they just looked at me like I was crazy because the deck and stairs were glazed in ice, that decided it for me....I called in to the library, sat back down at my quilt and proceeded to quilt the whole nasty day away. Now the sleet is snicking at the windows and I suspect tomorrow will be just as nasty...this is the kind of weather that makes me melancholy.

1 comment:

CK said...

Mine was uneventful...all three of us gripey because we were iced in - blech. I am starting to miss the sun - I blame you. there. haha. Hub's watching the tivo'd Grey's Anatomy reruns....I'm going to read and knit - alternating. Doing so together can be deadly. Tomorrow looks nasty. Our sidewalks and streets are completely iced over - looks like a few inches of snow it's so much. Be careful!!!