Daily rambles about quilting, gardening, reading, cooking and just plain old being.

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Finished (Finally)

Finally I have finished the poncho...I won't bore you with all the issues I had just putting the two peices together...suffice it to say, I put it together, took it apart, crocheted some more rows, put it together again and I still have a whole 5 foot long piece of yarn left. Whew! I found the pattern at Knottie by Nature's blog...the pattern is on her old blog. Here: http://www.techchick.lunarpages.com/ knottie/crafts/leafy_poncho.shtml

While I'm on this thread (pun intended) I'm letting go of knitting to concentrate on crochet...I'm reading a self-help type book about uncluttering your life....When Organizing Isn't Enough: SHED Your Stuff, Change Your Life. She talks about unfinished projects "pilfering your energy" and being a burden....that is how I'm feeling about all these unfinished projects I have lying around. She says that unfinished projects "bog you down, make you feel bad about yourself, de-energize and deplete you"...Amen, sister!

I'm going to finished some more of my unfinished "stuff" before I take on another craft. Bye Bye knitting.

2 comments:

CK said...

Awww....that's okay - I'll be at the same level when you start it back up again. hehe. Now you just need to make me a poncho. hehe. Have a fun day off!

Julie Fox said...

What a great poncho, I am trying to get my rear in gear to make a shell that I have a pattern for. I really want to make a poncho some day soon!