Daily rambles about quilting, gardening, reading, cooking and just plain old being.

Sunday, May 24, 2009

My Old Friends

Last night just before I fell asleep I made a little resolution....oh, I know, I resolved to run again at New Year's and again later and again and again and I never seem to go out and do it....Last night I realized that the only thing stopping me is me, I have no excuses...I could blame it on my malfunctioning thyroid (and that does make me weary), but really, there is nothing stopping me from running a few steps every day.

So, this morning I walked the dogs and then I ran, down the hill, past the dock, up again, all the way to the half-mile mark. I had to push a little at the end; I'm out of shape, but the push was there again and it felt good to make myself take another few steps even when I wanted to stop. Now if I can just do it again tomorrow and the next day and the next day and the next day.....

No comments: