Daily rambles about quilting, gardening, reading, cooking and just plain old being.

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Thursday: A new dress

So, the last time we were at Joann's I bought a new pattern...I forgot my coupon, I figured, "how much could it be?" Well it was $16.95 and I was flabbergasted. It is a New Look pattern ( I think they are affiliated with Simplicity) back in the day, the New Looks were $2-$3, far cheaper than the Simplicity, McCalls, Butterick and so forth. Needless to say I was shocked and determined to get my money's worth out of this one.
Thursday, I got out a length of fabric from my stash (American Jane, Apple Pie) and started by reading the back of the pattern. According to the sizing I should wear a 12 ( My measurements are: bust 36, waist about 26 and hips 36-ish) the pattern says: bust 34, waist 26 1/2, and hips 36. Okey dokey, I cut it out for a 12 and it was huge, so, I took each seam up a little and finished it and I was sooooo disappointed that it was still too big. I was especially heartbroken since the fabric was the "good stuff" and the pattern cost me $16.95. Crap! (Maybe I should have been happy it was too big since most of my summer clothes are coming out of the closet too small these days)
Today, I took apart all the binding and part of the hem and took the whole thing up AGAIN and it fits and looks really cute and the picture is, of course, crap. Gotta love that hairdo, though!

No comments: