Daily rambles about quilting, gardening, reading, cooking and just plain old being.

Monday, June 15, 2009

BUSY busy busy

I had a great weekend....more energy than I have had in a long time. Friday, Mom and I went shopping. Saturday, the family reunion/reality check. Sunday, chores galore.

One of the Sunday chores was to pickle the beets...the picture doesn't do it justice, the color is such a deep dark red, the flash just washed it out completely. While the beets cooked we quilted and only have three more rows to do...good thing, since this quilt needs to be finished in a month for a wedding. YIKES.

After mom left, I grated up 11 bags of zucchini for the freezer to make zuchi bread, baked two loaves of apple bread (to salvage some manky apples), cooked dinner, cleaned the kitchen and somewhere in there changed the sheets, folded three loads of laundry and watched a movie!! Wooo....I was totally pooped at bedtime, but I was so happy to have been so energetic during the day.

No comments: