Cranberry-Cornmeal Quick Bread
2 sticks of unsalted butter
1/2 cup + 3 tablespoons of sugar
1 cup flour
1/2 cup fine yellow cornmeal
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon finely chopped candied ginger
Preheat to 350
1. melt 1/2 a stick of butter in a skillet, add 3 tbspns of sugar,
add cranberries, stir to coat, cook until they begin to pop
pour berries into a 5X9 loaf pan and cool
2. Mix flour, cornmeal, baking powder and soda, and salt.
3. Beat 1 1/2 sticks of butter with 1/2 cup of sugar until fluffy
4. Beat in eggs one at a time
5. Slowly add flour mixture, then fold in ginger.
6. Pour into pan over the berries and smooth the top
7. bake 30-35 minutes
8. cool on a rack for 15 minutes, turn it out and cool completely.
9. have a cup of tea