Daily rambles about quilting, gardening, reading, cooking and just plain old being.

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

ai yi yi


This is what I've been up to....my first custom quilt that I'm practically giving away because my mom convinced me no one would pay such a high price for a quilt. Now I know better and will ask a lot, that is A LOT more for the next, if there is a next one. Granted I should have asked more when I found out she wanted applique (though it is just one lion) and she wants her family names quilted in the sashings.....all doable, but more time consuming....I'm already at 9.2 hours (yes, I've kept track) and I'll be making like, 27 cents an hour when it is all said and done.

Lessons learned: don't listen to your mother :), ask for what you want, if they say no, too bad for them, and make a very specific list of prices for each "service", ie. applique is extra, and so is quilting names and such.

No comments: