Daily rambles about quilting, gardening, reading, cooking and just plain old being.

Friday, April 2, 2010

5 down, 23 to go

I am having so much fun with this Charm quilt. So far, I have finished 5 blocks and will need 28 total. It doesn't take nearly as long as a I thought to complete a whole block (comprised of 36 little squares) and I am moving right along.

I haven't duplicated any fabrics yet, but I have found some duplicates in my basket. I really want to have 1008 different fabrics, but I can see that somewhere down the line you might simply not know if you have used something before....AI Yi Yi!

I have cut more than half of the squares already and only need 489 more...Yes, I said only 489 more! This charm-stuff really gets in your head.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I love where this is going! I can't wait to see your finished quilt. Part of the fun I'm finding of the charm quilt is remembering something about each fabric - where I bought or acquired it, what I used it for, etc. I'm going to have a head back to the shop and see this when you get it finished!