Daily rambles about quilting, gardening, reading, cooking and just plain old being.

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Lovey Dovey

The hubs always wants to know why I feed the birds year round. I feed them more in the winter and spring, but I still feed them all year....we are co-dependent the birds and I.

But the real answer to the question, "Why do you feed the birds when there is plenty of food out there?" is this: I feel like I have received a gift when the birds choose my tree to rest in, my yard to bath in, my shrubs to nest in....they know my yard is safe, they know there is food and water and shelter. I watch the birds every day, I keep track of who comes to visit and they come EVERY day, so I feed them EVERY day. I enjoy my bird friends company (okay, I like the squirrel too).

I can't even remember the last time a human (other than family) came to visit, but if you stopped by I'd at least offer you a glass of iced tea.

3 comments:

Monica said...

I know what you're talking about. They really do feel like a gift.

I have two ducks that have become MY ducks. They are always at my house. They sleep in the bushes right outside my quilt room. I have a dove too. It's nesting in the palm tree at the front of the house.

JC said...

Ok, I get it...

courtney said...

I wanna come over, sit and drink iced tea with ya! Just tell all the kiddos in Hood Co to go home so I can get some free time! August will be so hot....perhaps Sept? ;) Miss ya!

Court