Daily rambles about quilting, gardening, reading, cooking and just plain old being.

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Simple Squash Bake

Even during this drought the good old yellow crookneck squash has been producing. In my boundless faith, I watered and watered and watered and finally I've been getting a few little veggies from the garden. I wouldn't say the squash was abundant, but it was almost more than we could eat, just the two of us. I found this recipe and immediately made it my own:

Simple Squash Bake

1. Drizzle the bottom of a baking dish with olive oil and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Slice squash, tomatoes, onions (and this time I added some little bell peppers from the garden and thin slices of a baking potato) and layer them on an angle.
3. Drizzle the top with more olive oil.
4. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and thyme (fresh or dried).
5. Cover with foil and bake at 35o for 30 minutes.
6. UNcover, sprinkle with parmesan, and bake for another 30 minutes.
This is good as a side or over rice or quinoa.

1 comment:

Dr. Larisa said...

That looks so good! I am going to try it.