Daily rambles about quilting, gardening, reading, cooking and just plain old being.

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Carrots!



Hey there....I'm debating on whether or not I should attempt to catch you up or just jump right in as if no time has passed at all. I guess I can "nutshell" it and we can move on....
In a Nutshell: thought I would graduate in May....won't graduate until December of NEXT YEAR...have had to re-evaluate all my time-frames....have been depressed (even before the bad news)....feeling better now. How's that?

So, one of the up sides of this whole thing is that I have a little more breathing room during the Winter break. I have a few more paragraphs to revise before Jan. 1 and of course I have A LOT to read to fill some research gaps, but....I can slack off on the thesis a bit and FEED MY SOUL before I begin writing in earnest in January (the plan is to have the first draft finished by mid-April).

Today I spent most of the day in my sewing room....I just made things up as I went along and surprisingly everything went perfectly....no seams to rip, nothing too wonky to live with, no frustration, which was just what I needed.

The Muffin (my niece) is getting a play kitchen from xmas and I made her an apron, a hot pad, and some stuffed carrots and apples....I still need to make a hot mitt and finish up the apples tonight or tomorrow, but I can't even begin to describe how amazing it feels to create something in a day, to be able to show you a finished product, something I can hold in my hand and be proud of. Some of my issues with writing have to do with feeling like you aren't moving forward because there is (as of yet) no product....just digital files and I'm a tactile sort of girl.

One of my resolutions for the new year is to come here more often and I hope I can do that. I feel pretty disconnected from everything as there is only enough time to do the necessary chores and the school work. I hit the ground running every morning and I read until bedtime each night during the semester and while I'm kind of doing that now too the difference is that I can hit the ground running in the direction of something creative! See you soon.

No comments: