Daily rambles about quilting, gardening, reading, cooking and just plain old being.

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Busy Summer

This has, thus far, been the busiest summer. Seriously, I've canned and frozen and tended the garden like never before, but things are slowly down. The heat and the grasshoppers are taking their toll...

We got five little peaches from one of our new trees, but we were able to pick peaches at my aunt's house for canning and the freezer.

Aren't they lovely?

I managed to finish this little quilt which (when I set up an ETSY shop) will be for sale. I probably only got it finished so fast because we were having company and the quilting frame was taking up the whole living room. Maybe I should put up quilts and then plan a party for two weeks later every time....I surely  did get it done in a flash. 

I'm trying to bust my stash and use up the scraps, so this little I-Spy quilt top is in the works too. I've been doing a little of this and a little of that in the sewing room. I bounce from project from project, BUT I have to say I'm actually making progress on several things! Woo Hoo.

Speaking of progress, the rough draft of Chapter 2 of my thesis is finished. I'm still revising and editing and that could take weeks.
I hope every one is enjoying their summer?  I'll try to pop in more often, but most days I'm meeting myself coming and going. 


No comments: