Daily rambles about quilting, gardening, reading, cooking and just plain old being.

Thursday, July 19, 2012

The Penelope Skirt

Whoo-we! What a busy week. I've been sewing and sewing and it surely does help me to have a deadline. This was a self-imposed deadline mostly, but I'm so excited about this next bit of news I've been super motivated. 

Ready for the big news? Wait for it...........I'm going to be teaching my first ever sewing class in August. I'll be teaching a beginning sewing class using Serendipity Studio's Fashion Formula Skirts. 

This is the Penelope Skirt in the 4 fabric version.
LOVE IT!

The fabrics are (from left to right): Dear Stella Dots in Charcoal, Valori Wells' Wrenly Christmas, Michael Miller Dandy Damask, and Kaffe Fassett's Aboriginal Dot.


Kay Whitt's blog (Serendipity Studio) has a quick tutorial for making this little gathered flower. I just couldn't help myself....I see many more flowers in my future.

The class is being offered through Houston Street Mercantile. I'll be back with more details. I just couldn't wait to share the pics!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a great opportunity to teach a sewing class! And, I'm going to have to check out that cute flower :)