Daily rambles about quilting, gardening, reading, cooking and just plain old being.

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Good Enough becomes Half-Assed

Somewhere along the line my "Good Enough" became something more like "half-assed" (and as one of my grad school friends said, "Eh Jen, it is probably more like quarter-assed".....he might have been right)

Anyway, I've been getting it all done, but just barely. I've managed to only fuck up a couple of times....forgetting to buy cat food for instance when they were completely out...well, I did that twice so for sure I messed up more than a couple of times. I also recall not doing laundry in a timely fashion so the hubs had to wear his "B" uniforms because the "A" ones were still dirty. And the barn has been less than clean and you don't dare go barefoot in our house. The toilets regularly grow weird pink stuff that stays for weeks and you can write your name on any flat surface in the house...BUT....wait for it.....today, my thesis is finally FINISHED!

I will go to get copies made tomorrow and then deliver it to professors for their final criticisms and required revisions. Then I revise again, then I defend the Mother F*@cker  on Novermber 12th and THEN I NEVER. LOOK. BACK.

I am so ready to get on with my life I can't even come up with an apt analogy for how I'm feeling right now....relieved, maybe even regretful that I "wasted" two 1/2 years, but I'm not feeling very happy.

I can't wait to catch up on reading blogs and replying and WRITING here. I hope you (all two-three of you) haven't deserted me in my silence....let me know that you are still out there. Please do...I'm lonely here.


1 comment:

Monica said...

Desert you? Pfft...as if.

Glad to hear you finally got your thesis done. It's time for a drink...or two...to celebrate.