Daily rambles about quilting, gardening, reading, cooking and just plain old being.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Pics of Chicks







The baby chicks arrived today. I couldn't believe the tiny box in which they were mailed. Tiny. I took each one out and dipped her beak in the water. Apparently you have to show them the water. Whatever. I did it without question, all the while counting them as I took them out. #24 was broken, not dead just sick, hurt, or deformed. It was hard to say. I let her stay in the little box with her own light and water and food. I hope she is still okay when I go to check later. Mom and I are sharing the chicken farm and since we live in a neighborhood they will live at her house. I think I could have spent hours just watching them randomly run from one end to the other, peck around in the food, and jump into the middle of the cuddle puddle under the light. Funny little critters.
JUST A NOTE: #24 is alive and well and completely unidentifiable in the mix of chicks now! Woo Hoo!

No comments: