Daily rambles about quilting, gardening, reading, cooking and just plain old being.

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Pioneer Week #2: Day 2 (Monday)

1. Homemade meals: 100%

2. Energy: I used my iPod, computer, TV (we had severe weather in the area; tornado/flood/hail/etc.)

3. H2O: It rained and rained and rained....beautiful. The rain barrels are full and the garden won't need water for several days! I also didn't do anything strenuous and I smelled okay so, I didn't shower yesterday. WOO HOO!

4. Transportation: I ran several errands...mostly I drove instead of riding my bike because there was an 80% chance of rain and I didn't want to get wet when I was going to apply for a job.

5. Entertainment: I listened to my iPod while I did all my sewing yesterday by hand. I sewed a pillow and a bolster shut along one seam. I tacked a baby quilt, then I started the hand quilting on another baby quilt. I watched TV (see above weather info) while I quilted.

6. Buy Nothing: I bought some fabric, but it is for the making of a gift. I'm making the rules for Buy Nothing and buying supplies to make a handmade gift is okay.

No comments: