Daily rambles about quilting, gardening, reading, cooking and just plain old being.

Monday, November 10, 2008

Pioneer Week #2

I decided to start my own Pioneer Week this week as I wasn't satisfied with my last Pioneer Week. I started yesterday, here's the Sunday summary:

1. Homemade meals: 100%; however, I am not going to waste any food that is in the fridge or pantry, thus, I did cook some faux chik'en strips at dinner. During the course of the day, I had onions, bell peppers, and pomegranites that I grew myself. I also had bread that my mom baked and shared with me.

2. Energy: heat is still off...woo hoo! No TV yesterday at all; however, I listened to my I-pod most of the day and I used the sewing machine (I know that isn't very Pioneer-ish, but I was working on gifts and didn't think I could sew that many by hand in an afternoon...

3. H2O: watered the garden from the rain barrels which are almost empty..there is a chance of rain today...80%, I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

4. Transportation: I rode with my mom, but didn't drive myself.

5. Entertainment: I sewed for part of the day. I visited with my neighbor. I read some of Farmer Boy by Laura Ingalls Wilder. I listened to music. I did not turn on the idiot-box.

6.Buy Nothing: Oops! Well, I bought two CDs, that is I paid for the download from iTunes. Yes, I spent money; however, they are chanting/kirtan which I will use when I teach yoga. I also have totally embraced this "owning" the music, but not actually being able to lay hands on the CD. I love this, I have the music, but I don't have to add another CD to the already overflowing boxes. (I hate clutter). I also spent money on registering for a yoga workshop....I don't think that really counts. Hhmm, I guess since I'm making my own rules here "Buy Nothing" can be whatever I want....Is my goal in Buying Nothing to stop accumulating "stuff" or is it to save money or is it a combo of the two? I think it is a combo, plus yoga related purchases are for business AND pleasure. Arrggh, I might be cheating a bit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like your photos a lot. Do you know about these yoga books?

http://www.YogaVidya.com/hyp.html