Daily rambles about quilting, gardening, reading, cooking and just plain old being.

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Re-visiting the Resolutions

#1. Make do or do without. ** Two Stars!!

Well, I did fairly well with this one. I did buy some new shoes that I didn't need...they were on sale and it was "tax-free" shopping day here in Texas. I felt guilty about it afterward and ironically I haven't worn them all that much. I also bought two new cardigans for my new job, because the library is cold in spots and I am cold natured. I tried just wearing the ones I had; one is red and one is green and they don't match much...I was looking a little too much like the ragamuffin I am. I am pretty satisfied with my progress on this front.

#2. Ride my bike more than I drive.... NO STARS! HA, I did ride some, but shamefully I just can't get it together. Generally there is some reason I can't ride....today, I get off work after dark. Tomorrow, I have to buy groceries after work, yada, yada, yada....POO! Maybe next year.

#3. Create more and consume less: **** Four Stars!!!! By and large all my gifts were handmade this year and our Discover bill is testimony to how much less we are consuming.

#4. Practice yoga daily: *** Three Stars!!!....I live my life according to yoga philosophy so, in a sense I am practicing daily; however, I did not practice physical asanas daily.

#5. Walk the dogs daily: * One Star! Poor bubbies...they love walking, but sometimes there isn't time or the weather is crappy and I have a myriad of excuses...I need to get over that and go EVERY DAY for them.

#6. Think about running again. ***** Five Stars. Since September 1st I've been on a training schedule to do the Cowtown Half-Marathon on February 28th. I am up to 8 miles. I've only cheated on the schedule one week (when I started my new job and was working eight hour shifts because of the holidays).

#7. Write everyday: * One Star. This blog will show you how frequently I wrote last year. Writing is something I love and I even used to think I was good at it, but.....yeah, no excuses.

#8. Give more and expect less: ***** Five Stars. I've done this well, too well. My husband says he appreciates that I take such good care of him, but it makes him feel bad that I do all the work. We have agreed to a weekly chore list that we will share.

#9. Embrace kindness: How do you measure this??

#10. Listen with my whole heart: Again, how do you measure it??

No comments: