Daily rambles about quilting, gardening, reading, cooking and just plain old being.

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Knitting Lessons


Today we gathered for lunch at my Mom's house. My aunt brought needles and yarn and taught me to knit after lunch. She sent me home with a pretty good idea of how to start, how to knit, and how to finish and a book to fill in the other gaps.
Even though I am still making some mistakes I am excited to have learned something new today and even more excited about learning more about knitting....of course, I still have about a gazillion projects to finish that are started already...crocheting, quilting, clothing...YIKES!
I guess I should get some of those others finished before I dive headfirst into something new....but it is JUST SO EXCITING!

2 comments:

CK said...

That looks awesome! Are you just knitting or have you figured out purling? Looks great. Not looking forward to work tomorrow. meh....I'm tired...

Unknown said...

That looks so good. Totally jealous that you have someone to show you!

Any idea on what method you're using? Continental, English? http://www.knittinghelp.com/videos/knit-stitch