Daily rambles about quilting, gardening, reading, cooking and just plain old being.

Saturday, January 3, 2009

The Woes of a Working Stiff

Whew, I don't want to complain, but well, I'm going to anyway....I got so spoiled during those six months that I didn't work. I've worked 8 hour shifts the last two days, which with lunches turns into over 9 hours away from home and I JUST DON'T LIKE IT! POO!

Don't get me wrong, I like the job and the folks and such, but I just don't want to work ALL DAY! I can't manage to get anything done at home...I'm not one of those Super Women who can get up early and do 5 loads of laundry before work and then come home, do all the chores, and stay up half the night doing the "fun" stuff. I need to sleep!

I have a gazillion things I want to do: watch movies, read, crochet, knit, scrapbook, sew, quilt, clean closets, alter some skirts....Hell, even taking the compost out sounds AWESOME after being away from home all day. I can't even do some of my chores because it is dark when I get home....that leaves Sunday to jam it all in...my one day off this week (oh wait, I was off on New Year's Day, but still....boo hoo).

I've already called everyone who might wake me early to inform them that I was sleeping late tomorrow, which would normally allow me to stay up later, BUT I'm about to pass out from standing on my poor aching feet and legs all day...On that note, I think I'll give myself a few minutes of "Legs Up the Wall" and retire for the night....9pm...Good Grief?!

1 comment:

CK said...

Well, at least you aren't full-time! Not all your days are like that. (looking for the silver lining for you!)

This past week with all the work we did cleaning, painting, and moving books wore on me too. I've never knew in my wildest dreams how sore I'd be from painting for two days!

I'm not too keen at getting home at dark every night either. Can't wait to "spring forward" so I can see a bit of sunshine!

You are fantabulous at the job though... :D