Daily rambles about quilting, gardening, reading, cooking and just plain old being.

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Splendiferous Day

Today was a splendid day. Here are a few reasons why (in no particular order):


1. Unseasonably warm and sunny February day
2. Not having to work an eight hour shift, or work at all
3. Organizing my sewing, scrapping, and creating space
4. Throwing out all manner of things that I had no immediate plans to use
5. Listening to the birds enjoy the beautiful weather
6. Quilting
7. Chai latte' and cinnamon toast for breakfast
8. Iced Green Tea with lemon in the afternoon
9. Trying a new pattern for a shirt
9a. Sewing above mentioned shirt
10. Leftovers
11. Finishing a book
12. Warm breezes through my open windows
13. Guacamole'
14. My awesome cast-iron griddle

And though I haven't done either of the following yet I suspect they will just cap off my beautiful day perfectly:


15. The movie Miss Potter
16. Starting a new book

1 comment:

CK said...

NO CHOCOLATE EXTRAVAGANZA?!?!?! haha...Emma left with a chocolate ring around her mouth. Just got back from "Seussical the Musical" at the high school...we are beat!

So glad you could get the day off and enjoy it. :D