Daily rambles about quilting, gardening, reading, cooking and just plain old being.

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Lovely Frittata

My hubby doesn't like quiche so I assume he wouldn't like a frittata. Since he isn't here and I have been eating for crap I decided to make something new for dinner. (It also helps that we have dozens of eggs from the lovely ladies over at Runamok Farm).

Broccoli Frittata

1 medium onion, diced or sliced or whatever you prefer
1 head of broccoli, lightly steamed and chopped
olive oil
salt
pepper
garlic
12 eggs, beaten
1 cup cheddar cheese

1. preheat oven to 450
2. saute onions, add chopped broccoli
3. pour in beaten eggs and stir to mix onions and broccoli through the whole mixture.
4. Salt, pepper, garlic, to taste.
5. Continue to stir 1-2 minutes, until the eggs begin to set on the bottom
6. Remove from heat and sprinkle cheese over the top
7. Put the pan in the oven and cook 8-10 minutes or until the eggs are puffy on top, the cheese is melted and it is cooked through.
8. Cut into wedges, it should serve 6 (though I was a hogger and ate a little more than that....maybe that is why my ass is so big).

I topped it with salsa and a little more black pepper...YUM! and plenty of leftovers for the coming week of lunches at work!

No comments: