Daily rambles about quilting, gardening, reading, cooking and just plain old being.

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Stop causing yourself pain...

All my life I have agonized over not having friends...oh well, there are folks out there who, if we run into each other, it is as if no time has passed, but I don't have friends like other folks have friends. The last couple of weeks I've been eaten up with it mostly because I sent out an email offering fresh eggs and I received only three replies in response to it. All anyone had to say was, "No thanks, I don't want any eggs, but how the heck are you?" Instead I get cyber-silence....empty inboxs, no response. It bugged me, like it has always bugged me....but the Internet is soooo easy, hell, 12 seconds or less to just respond instead of ignore. With that said, it kind of pisses me off too. Why aren't folks kinder? It seems a little mean to ignore someone completely, via email or otherwise.

Today, I saw a sign "So and So's Barbeque 1 mile" ...I had completely forgotten that I was invited to that barbeque via Facebook months and months ago. The invite included a note that said there would be a real invite when the date was closer.....guess, I fell off that invite list somewhere between then and now. Again, it is bothering me and pissing me off. I'm always sort of rash about things so, first I deleted my Facebook account and then I went to Yahoo to delete that account and all the addresses with it.....I don't suspect I need the account anymore and the address book? Well, it must be mostly full of acquaintances since no one replies to my mail. While is my yahoo mail account I read my "Daily Insight" from Yoga Journal....it never ceases to amaze me that the universe supplies me with just what I need when I need it....

Find Contentment


Yoga is much more than a physical practice. It is also a philosophy about the way we should live. According to yogic philosophy, we cause ourselves pain by desiring things we don't have, but think that we need. In other words, we hurt ourselves by yearning after what's out of reach.

Santosa is a niyama, or guiding principle of yoga. This principle encourages us to develop contentment. It prescribes the merit of striving to be grateful for what we have rather than yearning for new and different things. The word "santosa" is also sometimes translated as happiness, because, byfinding contentment with what we have, we also find joy, relaxation, and peace.

You can practice santosa in all aspects of your life-toward your family, friends, and your career.




WE HURT OURSELVES BY YEARNING AFTER WHAT'S OUT OF REACH....hhhmmm, 

1 comment:

JC said...

I'll have some eggs...... OXOXOXOXOXOXOXXO