Daily rambles about quilting, gardening, reading, cooking and just plain old being.

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Saturday....

This morning I went to the city with my mom and we did a little shopping. I came home feeling like crap mentally because I spent too much money and by too much I mean $70 in addition to $300 to have some watercolors framed. The crappiest part is that I feel guilty when I spend money even when it isn't a lot....yeah, I know $300 IS a lot, but the paper was beginning to discolor and I wanted to preserve them before they were too far gone. It is the $70 that is bugging me....I went to town planning to get those paintings framed....

So, I came home and resolved to get some quilts and such made so that I can: A. sell them in the shop or B. open an Etsy shop. Thus far I haven't bothered with Etsy because I only ever have one or two finished things....the goal is to get some shit finished....(huh? Hasn't that been the goal for months??) Anyway, I went downstairs and pulled out some pre-cut 6 inch squares and went to town....I did a new-school rough-edge applique thingy of the old-school pattern Drunkard's Path....The pic is just a sneak peak....I have the blocks done and tomorrow I will decide whether I will finish this top or attempt to quilt the other top I finished yesterday.....feeling more hopeful now that I have a "plan" of sorts.

No comments: