Daily rambles about quilting, gardening, reading, cooking and just plain old being.

Friday, September 4, 2009

Frugal Friday




I took this idea from Betz White's blog. She suggested turning tired old tote bags inside out and recovering them with new fabric, thus making the old canvas bag the lining. If you do it her way you start off with the lining and handles already done for you. I had two bags with broken handles and every time I turned around they were in my face...on the top of the washing machine, in the hamper, on my sewing table, in my scrap bin...I just couldn't escape those stupid things and I didn't want to throw them away, but they were broken and kind of gross...faded and worn out.

I ended up doing four bags and I have used them all this week (I did them LAST Frugal Friday)
This Frugal Friday I cleaned out and spruced up our guest room and the attached closet. I wanted to go buy fancy organizining "stuff", but I re-purposed some things, used plain old white labels I already had and am very happy with the results.

No comments: