2 tablespoons olive oil
1 large onion, finely chopped
1/2 cup finely chopped carrots
6 cloves of garlic, minced
1 1/2 cups lentils, rinsed
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1 can (28oz) diced tomatoes
Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large pot, heat oil
2. Add onions, carrots, and garlic. Cook until softened
3. Add lentils and thyme: cook, stirring until lentils are coated.
4. Add tomatoes and 4 cups of water and bring to a boil
5. Reduce heat, cover tightly, and simmer; stirring occasionally until the lentils are tender and starting to break down.
6. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper.
7. Serve over spaghetti or linguine noodles.
8. Sprinkle with parm....yummy!
I made this recipe Sunday night in hopes that it would be good and I could use the leftovers for work lunches. It was delicious and I packed up two serving for my Monday-Tuesday lunches.