Daily rambles about quilting, gardening, reading, cooking and just plain old being.

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Charming
















I've become enamored with the idea of making a charm quilt AND with the idea of hand-piecing a quilt. I've pieced one block with 36 different fabrics and so, if I continue with this endeavor it could satisfy both of those items. A charm quilt is a quilt made with 1,000 fabrics, no two alike. The hand piecing is just something I want to do....I figure that I am so very "old-school" that I should create one quilt ALL BY HAND just once in my life.

I've spent the last couple of days cutting fabrics....and trying to purge. I have cut scraps into 3 and 3 1/2 inch squares, 4, 5, and 6 1/2 inch squares and then into 2 1/4 inch squares for the Charm quilt....I've cut a total of 291 little ones, which means I only need 717 more. I haven't exhausted my fabric stash yet, but I don't think I have 717 more fabrics down there. (My husband, of course, thinks I have way more than 1,000 different ones!)

No comments: