Daily rambles about quilting, gardening, reading, cooking and just plain old being.

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Spring retreated


Even though it is officially the first day of Spring it is decidedly winter-like... my least favorite weather. Since the weather is so bad I decided to start another quilt. This one is hand-pieced by my great-grandmother. It is a little wonky, especially the borders, but I guess that is to be expected with some hand piecing...There is also one odd block in the corner where she apparently ran out of fabric and while I was quilting the first row I discovered a block that was put together wrong and upon closer inspection found two more that were constructed wrong....though they aren't glaringly obvious.

I'm starting to think about hand-piecing...someone slap me!

No comments: