Daily rambles about quilting, gardening, reading, cooking and just plain old being.

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Horror-scope

Okay, I'm not one to read my horoscope (or "horror-scope" as my Mom calls it), but as I was paging through a magazine yesterday I had the urge to read mine. Holy cow....

1. Give yourself time off
2. resume old creative projects you left behind
3. research big "purchases"

Hhhmmmm. Well, here's the big news I'm going back to school in the fall to start my Master's in English (hopefully leading to a PhD). I'll be going to my alma mater, TCU which is approximately an hour away. We are going to put our house on the market as soon as the bathroom remodel is finished, and begin building the Forever Home in January or around there. Balls are rolling and I'm already feeling stressed so, I've been thinking that I need to give my self some time off...Interesting.

I've also been thinking that I should clear the decks of UFOs. I know I've been saying this for six months, but I'm serious now. Firstly, the UFOs feel like burdens that I'm carrying around with me and I don't need that stress while I'm in school. Secondly, when we put the house on the market it has to be tidy and a lot of my clutter is UFO-clutter. Piles and piles of UFO-clutter. YIKES!

As for that "big purchase" I'd say a house is a big purchase and we have been doing a lot of research into various building materials and such.

I don't put much stock in the horoscope itself, but I think I read it because I needed to hear the Universe speak. I need to take time off while I can, relax and recharge and I definitely need to finish some of my projects. On that note, back to work while dinner is cooking.


No comments: