Daily rambles about quilting, gardening, reading, cooking and just plain old being.

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Because I'm not Nerdy Enough

It has been an odd day and I've cried or almost cried a few times...so rather than dwell on that, which I can't explain anyway, I'll hit the highlights and maybe I will feel happier in the listing.

1. I bought school supplies today. Woo Hoo!
2. I spent time with my mom working on a quilt made from "heirloom" pieces of embroidery done by my grandmother and possible my great-grandmother.
3. I unearthed my old stamp collection (because being excited about buying school supplies isn't nerdy enough).
4. I'm drinking cold grape juice while waiting to iChat with the hubs.
5. I'm treating myself to some TV tonight and brownies too(guilt-free). In fact, I may have brownies for dinner.
6. I bought bird seed and the birds have found my feeders again.
7. My mom gave me a geranium that has one lovely little bloom.

Okay, I'm feeling happier already.

No comments: