Daily rambles about quilting, gardening, reading, cooking and just plain old being.

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Certain Signs of Spring


When we moved in most of the leaves were fallen and our property quickly became a forest of gray sticks. Some trees I could identify by bark, or shape, or leftover leaves barely clinging, but overall our little forest is a mystery.

I suspect this little stand of short twiggy trees is wild plums, but I'm not sure. I took these pics on our morning walk and I surely felt like I was receiving an unexpected gift. I hope that I never forget to go slow, and really see and hear what is in front of me. As I write this one of our great horned owls is in a live oak calling...not the normal who-who, but a more sad and plaintive cry...another gift I never expected.

I hope that you enjoyed your day and found some sign of spring waiting for your notice.

No comments: