Daily rambles about quilting, gardening, reading, cooking and just plain old being.

Monday, February 14, 2011

Saved by Quilting


This is a quilt that I posted about earlier. I almost chucked it, but then I reconsidered, ripped it completely apart, bought more fabrics in more colors and put it back together. I added a fabulous print for the border and I still wasn't too happy with it....but I have to tell you that the quilting saved this one. My friend Donna quilted it for me and it is AMAZING! Can you see those windy waves? I love it! I don't think I will ever do that modern blocky thing again, but if for some reason I do I am going to have her quilt it....the quilting makes it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

VERY cool. I always want to do that cool block-y thing with a photo collage. Then, I get frustrated & delete it - so GOOD JOB!

Stitch Happens said...

Kind words Jen. Thanks. Your quilt is beautiful.