Daily rambles about quilting, gardening, reading, cooking and just plain old being.

Thursday, June 9, 2011

A Finish! Woo Hoo!

Finally another finish. I've been absent lately because there have been birds to watch, gardens to water, dump truck loads of dirt to move, mulch to unload, bulldozers to watch, anniversaries to celebrate, houses to clean, walks to take,....you get the picture. But I have been quilting too.

This is the fabric I bought on our 2009 Shop Hop, mostly "Nest" by Tula Pink because I loved the one piece that is birds drawn out of sticks....love it! The back is "Nest" also....white with blue bird footprints, and teal with black footprints....love that too! Anywho, I bought the fabric in 2009, without a plan. Then last summer I went for fast and easy and did a big snowball. I started quilting it in the late summer (just before the semester started) and made quite a bit of progress, but then I got busy with school, and we moved, and so on and so on. For the last 6 months or so it has just sat in the frame....it sat so long it gathered dust, but after three partial days of quilting and countless episodes of M.A.S.H. it is done!

No comments: