Daily rambles about quilting, gardening, reading, cooking and just plain old being.

Monday, June 27, 2011

Wonky Dresden Plates

Yesterday Mom and I had a sewing day. I was determined to make some progress on the Dresden Plates. The prototype (the pic I posted a week or so ago) had gone together with no issues and laid pretty flat. I suspect that made me a little over confident. After cutting about 300 wedges and sewing the ends shut to make the point, I made one: wonky. I made another, being more careful: still a little wonky. I made a third, being even more careful: nice and flat.

This afternoon: wonky! I don't want to feel frustrated so I've moved on to other things, but JEEZ! I need 11 more of these and I don't know if I can stand the disappointment and frustration of piecing them.

No comments: