Daily rambles about quilting, gardening, reading, cooking and just plain old being.

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Riding the Raccoon

The Muffin came to visit today and when we asked her if she wanted a ride she very solemnly said "uh-huh," so my mom pushed while I wielded the camera. The weather was Spring-like with temps in the 70s, sunny and windy. It was hard to reconcile the brown and gray landscape with the day itself, which seemed so like some other season.

I spent the rest of the day muddling around, a little of this and a little of that, feeling discombobulated and out of sorts....it ended with a bit of a meltdown after I found a whole stack of pics of Birdy and Japhy (who have both gone back to the earth). Almost in tears now just thinking about what great dogs they were and how much I miss them. What a wreck I am....

Happy New Year!

No comments: