Daily rambles about quilting, gardening, reading, cooking and just plain old being.

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Catching Up: During the last week I...

met with my thesis committee: three thumbs up
wrote 5,782 words of my thesis
wrote about 21 pages of Creative Non-Fiction (some of that will make it here, I'm sure)
read one memoir (Another Bullshit Night in Suck City)
read one essay ("The Search for Marvin Gardens" by John McPhee)
read five peer produced essays
worked two days at school (in exchange for my tuition)
hauled 14 buckets of water
washed all seven buckets once
fed goats 28 cups of grain
threw hay daily
cleaned stalls daily
wore muck boots daily
planted more lettuce, spinach, radishes, beets, and some kale
started tomatoes and artichokes indoors
thinned the brocolli plants and watched the eggplant pop up
watered seedlings twice a day
did four loads of laundry
had dinner with my family
made a doctor's appointment
watched one documentary and one movie
researched chickens and got my order ready
washed all the rugs
worked on my niece's birthday present
cleaned the catbox and bundled the trash
swept and swept and swept some more
cooked dinner every night
filled bird feeders
dumped compost
watered plants
lived the good life!




No comments: