Daily rambles about quilting, gardening, reading, cooking and just plain old being.

Thursday, February 23, 2012

View from the porch

Everyone parks their tractor in the driveway right in front of the house, right? I'm not sure why it got left here, but whatever.

The hubs and f-i-l moved those railroad ties for me to build a flower bed. The bed serves as a barrier at the end of the driveway, you can't tell but it slopes down there and we wanted to clearly demarcate the end of the driveway before someone drove off the slope.

I think I'll put wire on the posts and grow my loofahs there this year. They make a pretty vines with vibrant yellow flowers that the bees love.

I've got gardening fever with this warm weather, but I know it is still early and we could get gnarly weather all the way through March, but I'm planning and doing a little here and a little there.

The day dreaming is keeping me sane and the physical work out in the fresh air and sunshine is crucial for my mental health too!

No comments: