Daily rambles about quilting, gardening, reading, cooking and just plain old being.

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Why my thesis is not getting written.



The plan was simple...plant potatoes and onions (this should have taken less than an hour) then work on my thesis before goat dinner time.

Instead it turned into: get tractor stuck, dig tractor out, plant potatoes and onions, feed goats, make dinner, etc. No thesis work was done.

As you can see, we are still smiling after three hours of digging in the mud, working hard to push, pull, drag, or drive the tractor out of the muck. Who knew?

That lovely quagmire is in the middle of my walking trail and the hubs tells me it is seepage from the pond; which is crazy, to the brink full. Now, more rain is expected and I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that it passes us by...is that wrong? We usually need the rain so badly that I would never wish it away, but I'm sooooo tired of mud. Bleck!

No comments: