Daily rambles about quilting, gardening, reading, cooking and just plain old being.

Monday, June 25, 2012

Cleaning/Decorating Frenzy

I met a thesis deadline yesterday and decided to reward myself with a whole day of house-keeping. I'm not being facetious here...I like a clean house and I like to clean house...call me crazy. I decided to make some rules (are you surprised) and in each room I tackled a long-standing issue or pile or project.

In the master bath this little vanity bench had a turquoise blue tie-dyed seat (don't ask). Much nicer covered in painter's dropcloth...yes?

We've lived here since November of 2010 and these are the first things I hung on the master bedroom wall....seriously, a year and a half to hang a couple of things. The rest of the walls are still bare and the head board is still leaning against the wall (we've made progress...it's now leaning against the wall behind the bed....)


Japhy died almost a year ago and I couldn't bear the sight of two dogs beds when there was only one dog....solution stack them on top of each other.....for a year. Two doggie mattresses in one cover....much better.

A raggedy wreath project.....

A new "vignette" by the front door...this table catches all kinds of crap so I don't expect it will last....I suspect it will collect work gloves, a hat, some hardware, maybe some goat meds, pruning shears........but for now I like it with the books and lamp and no clutter.

2 comments:

Jocelyn said...

I have a table that catches crap too--it's called the dining room table. Damn. I hate it, but no matter what I do, it's got SOMETHING on it almost all the time. Totally stinks.

I like to house clean too, by the way. I don't get to it as much as I should, because I'd rather be outside, but when I get to it, I get to it.

Oh, and about projects that don't get done for years (like your pictures hanging), I have two spackle spots in my bedroom over some pictures I moved down--2 years ago. And no, I haven't dragged the paint out yet to cover them. I stink.

Unknown said...

Hey Jen! I met you in the store on Tuesday and wanted to see if you have had time to post the pattern for the adorable bag you were carrying?!? I can't wait to make one! I found some cute oink burlap yesterday just itching to make me a bag like yours! Hope to hear from you soon!

Netha
Nethaelliott@gmail.com
Sew~n~Luvh.blogspot. Still in the making lol