Daily rambles about quilting, gardening, reading, cooking and just plain old being.

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Seeking Solace in Sewing

If you are a regular reader....all two or three of you....you know I get a little blue sometimes. The last few days I've been feeling down and this time I know is it partially situational melancholy. Since the situation isn't likely to change, I'm doing my best to chase the melancholy away. I used to run and that would keep it at bay, but now I sew.

I get lost in the colors and the measuring, the cutting and the hum of the machine.


I feel so satisfied to make a quilt out of scraps and stash. To create something for almost nothing, brings me joy....fleeting though it is.

I'm not very good at finishing things, but when this one gets finished I would like to sell it. It is a very happy quilt even though it soaked up all my sad while I was sewing it.

No comments: