Daily rambles about quilting, gardening, reading, cooking and just plain old being.

Sunday, December 9, 2012

The Perils of Pinterest (Palmer and PIccoult)

I thought with more time on my hands I might get some more blogging done. However, every time I sit down at the computer I find myself cruising Pinterest, pinning like mad. I find it very inspiring and it suits my OCD style of arranging and organizing. I like the fact that I can find the things I find inspiring again....before I would bookmark the page, but frequently couldn't remember why I had bookmarked it!

I'm trying to avoid what I'm thinking of as the Perils of Pinterest, but I'm not sure I'm doing such a good job. The first Peril is just the time suck. YIKES! The second peril is spending all your time looking for inspiration, but never creating anything. SO, I've made one thing I found on Pinterest and I'm working on another.


 This is the Fiona Button Scarf from Fiber Flux (you don't need a link, just Google it).



I started this a long time ago. It is just a basic string quilt, but I've found so many cool examples on Pinterest that I got fired up about working on it. My "string bucket " is pretty full. 

I've done a few other little things, but mostly I've been reading and reading and reading. I was starved for quick, entertaining reads and since November 13th I've read 10 books. Yep, in the last 26 days I've read 10 books....six by Michael Palmer, two by Piccoult, The Fault in Our Stars by John Green, and Alex Lemon's Happy. 

Today, I'm going to a quilt retreat and I'm going to sew like mad...I probably need about 100 more blocks to make a decent-sized quilt! 





No comments: