Daily rambles about quilting, gardening, reading, cooking and just plain old being.

Friday, August 21, 2009

While I was away...


I taught myself to embroidery. I used Gail Pan Designs free BOM. She intended it for Christmas, but I took that as merely a suggestion. That is just the way I am. I used some scraps of bleached muslin and used thread in roses, sages, and a lovely aqua color. Once home I didn't want to add another thing to The Official List of Unfinished Business (that seems to only grow longer, never shorter) so, I turned my little embroidery squares into pillows.

Since, I've just posted about being frugal...the muslin was scraps, the thread was given to me by a friend, the colored fabric I used to frame each one was scraps that I bought ("fill the bucket for $5.00), the filling is leftover polyfil and shredded quilt batting scraps. The lace was given to me by my memaw....totally cost, pennies!

No comments: