Daily rambles about quilting, gardening, reading, cooking and just plain old being.

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Having a Hard Time


I've been having a hard time lately, mostly with the weather which is typically Texas weather for this time of year; warm and amazing one day and dreary, cold and damp on the next. Those dreary days make me dreary too and I have a very hard time motivating myself to do anything creative. I find that I spend a lot time on the computer just wasting time really, but a few days back I read a post on Adventures in Pretty, Liesel Lund's blog about creating space for yourself that hit home.

She says, "There is a lot to be said for a space you can enter and immediately sit down and begin your work."

As you can see from my pics my space is the kind of space that requires cleaning prior to any work happening. EVERY. TIME....that has been my history in that space, junk it, clean it, create, junk it, clean it, create....never have I kept it nice and neat and clean so that I can just enter the room and sew, or scrapbook or paint; something I've wanted to try forever but never have the space to spread out and do it. I keep our shared spaces relatively clean and uncluttered, change sheets, do laundry, cook and wash dishes, but when it came to the space that was just for me I neglected it time and again. I took Liesel's post to heart, I spent a whole day working on cleaning, shifting, sorting, purging and generally re-creating my space and it is almost "done". (I'll post pics when I have some). Liesel also says that we should, Just say, "I matter" and honor yourself with creative space.

I just want to declare loud and clear I MATTER.






1 comment:

Nic said...

Well done on creating some space for *you* - may your creativity bloom :o)