I said I was going to try a new recipe and while this isn't much beyond our "potato stuff"(it has the same ingredients) it is a new way to combine them and I really liked it.
Potato and Onion Frittata
Potatoes (either boiled or nuked)
1/2 cup sharp cheddar (or your choice)
10 large eggs
salt and pepper and garlic
1. Cook your potatoes. I had large red potatoes so I did them in the microwave. Cool slightly then slice into rounds that are about 1/4 inch thick. I didn't peel mine since the red skins are tender. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Heat the oil in an oven proof skillet and saute chopped onions.
3. Add potato slices and cook flipping until the edges are turning brown and crisp.
4. Add salt, pepper, and garlic.
5. Whisk eggs together and then mix in grated cheese.
6. Spread the potatoes evenly across the skillet
7. Pour eggs and cheese in and cook until the edge is set.
8. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake until the eggs are completely set, about 12 minutes.
Note: I used a Lodge cast-iron skillet for this and if you do not own a cast-iron skillet you MUST get one. They are fabulous: non-stick, easy to clean, versatile....if I had to pick just one pot or pan to use for the rest of my life I would choose a cast-iron skillet. I conditioned mine the old-school way about 10 years ago, but now they sell them pre-conditioned and ready to use.