Daily rambles about quilting, gardening, reading, cooking and just plain old being.

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Sweeping by the light of the moon

This is how my week started: I burned my first day of school breakfast. (that weird green thing is an avocado). Needless to say: Not a very auspicious start at all.

I have yet to develop any kind of routine. This first week had a couple of extras, lectures/consultant visits/receptions, tacked on so I really don't have a sense of what it is really going to be like. Add to that a broken down vehicle, the discovery that all our readings are posted online and my friggin' old eyes just can't read that way so I have to print 9 billion pages of text out for each class, waking up to find the bedroom full of dog poop, mapping my walk from the parking lot to the building I spend my day in and finding that is .55 miles one way, and just feeling like no one gave us any practical information (like where to get lunch if we don't bring one or how to navigate the shuttles that will pick you up at the parking lots), and that has made me one Grumpy Gus.

Yeah, yeah. I get it. I know it was only the first week, but I'm already feeling overwhelmed and my head is about to explode (not sure if that will happen before or after my eyeballs fall out from all the reading). I've had a couple of near-meltdowns and I know that there is a real one in the near future.

Those of you that expect to see me in person sometimes.....I'll see you in December, between semesters, in the tiny window of time that will be left over after I sleep until noon and read mind-candy novels late into the night. I'm already yearning for that.....

No comments: