Daily rambles about quilting, gardening, reading, cooking and just plain old being.

Thursday, March 24, 2011

P is for Promise

Seems the only joy in my life these days comes in little fits and starts. Mostly I am sad, angry, frustrated, queasy....today was a bad day. Chronic stress-induced heartburn and even now my gut is burning and I still have more (stressful) work to do...looking at the clock, it likely isn't going to get done and the vicious cycle of stress and heartburn continues.

I've not really been taking care of myself very well. I take care of everything and everyone else, but I only get the leftover minutes of each day for me. I've lost 15-ish pounds since starting this grad school endeavor and the chronic heartburn is a fairly recent development. Today, I accomplished nothing at all really and while talking with my husband he elicited a promise from me....he made me promise to give myself 20 minutes of yoga each day and suggested that I run to the mailbox and back (because I said I would like to start running again). Just 20 minutes, which he claims I waste each day. And maybe I do waste 20 minutes each day, but it feels like I don't have 20 minutes to spare. But I only say the P word when I mean it, because I will never break a promise.

So, tomorrow morning's agenda. Walk and feed the dogs, water the seedlings, run to the mailbox, and 20 minutes of yoga, followed by a good breakfast AND packing a good lunch.

No comments: