Daily rambles about quilting, gardening, reading, cooking and just plain old being.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

More Decorating

Last week, the hubs and I drove our farm truck to the city and bought a new dining room table, Mission style. Then we went to the antique mall and bought four antique chairs in the Barley Twist style. I had one odd Barley Twist chair and so was very excited to find four more and believe it or not the antique chairs were only about $74 each, while the new chairs that matched the table were $129 each. Silly! I headed out the next day to the quilt shop and bought red cotton canvas and Voila', lovely new chairs!

I did some more work on my sewing room and unpacked a few more boxes....I'll be ready for a "reveal" soon. I spent the afternoon piecing a wall hanging for the sewing room. I'll show you that tomorrow. Who knows, I might stay up late and quilt the darn thing....I feel like I'm on a roll and I don't want to lose my momentum!

No comments: